Next up in our series of BoxWorks speaker spotlights: Damian Fasciani, Technology Services Manager at REA Group. Damian will be traveling all the way from Australia to join us at BoxWorks, where he'll share deployment best practices in the session, "Pave the Way for Successful Adoption." You can find Damian on twitter, @damian_fasciani, and join the #BoxWorks conversation.
1) What’s one technology trend that you see driving business transformation?
Wearable technology is going to make an impact across the businesses that are forward thinking enough to see the benefits. At REA, we are experimenting with technologies like Google Glass and Oculus Rift to understand the potential impact on our customers and future products.
2) Name three apps on your home screen.
DC Comics, RunKeeper, Spotify.
3) What BoxWorks speaker or session (aside from your own) are you most excited about?
"IT Transformation: Building a User-centric IT Model." At REA we have been building our IT Strategy that centres around tools and technologies that will help drive our business over the next 4 years. Everything we do is centred around our staff and giving them best chance on extending market position we have in Australia. If we are not driving productivity we are not playing our part.
4) What’s your favorite device for getting work done?
I have a 15 inch Macbook Pro with all the upgrades and that is my tool of choice.
5) What advice would you give to someone starting his/her career in your industry?
We now live in a digital world, embrace it and be willing to ride the wave of change. Nothing stays still for too long, adapt and be forward thinking.
6) What blogs do you check daily?
To name a few: Mashable, ZDNet, twitter feeds, Forbes Tech News, Silicon Republic.