Next up in our series of BoxWorks speaker spotlights: Bob Hughes, chief information officer of McLarens. Bob is responsible for creating and executing on a global technology strategy that allows McLarens to maintain its reputation for quality worldwide, and he has led the transition to a number of new systems -- including Box -- over the past several years. At BoxWorks, Bob will be speaking on the topic: "Box for Globally Dispersed Teams." You can find Bob on twitter, @rjhughes2011, and join the #BoxWorks conversation.
1) What’s one technology trend that you see driving business transformation?
Mobile apps combined with cloud-based servers are transforming how we work, how we connect with others and driving all sorts of change.
1) Name a few apps on your home screen.
TripIt, Box, Zendesk and FotoinMobile.
3) What’s your favorite device for getting work done?
My iPhone or iPad.
4) What advice would you give to someone starting his/her career in your industry?
Don’t be afraid to try and fail. You will fail, but if you don’t try you won’t grow and learn.
5) What blogs do you check daily?
MakingITClear, TechCrunch, CIO Mentor, Business Insider.
To join Bob and other IT leaders at BoxWorks, register here to lock in early bird savings.