At Box, we believe in designing technology to enhance the productivity of the individual and the organization as a whole. To do this, we're reimagining how underlying business processes work.
Today at BoxWorks, Box co-founder and CEO Aaron Levie announced Box Workflow, a technology that powers business processes on top of the Box platform. By combining our core content and collaboration capabilities with new automation and metadata features, we’re able to drive workflows built around your most important content and data. Most importantly, Box Workflow will provide unprecedented value for enterprises, while still delivering a simple, intuitive experience for every employee.
The design of Box Workflow is built on a foundation of three basic tenets that will make it customizable, powerful and flexible to meet the needs of your business:
- Rules-based: Admins can drive specific tasks and actions based on a set of rules that touch actions, events and objects in Box. These rules are fundamental building blocks to building better business processes.
- Intelligent: Because process is about the content, not just filenames and folders, you'll be able to use Box’s machine learning algorithms to intelligently classify and recommend related documents with little to no manual intervention.
- Open: Get direct access to content, collaboration, and metadata events through the Box V2 API. Enterprise developers, architects, systems integrators and ecosystem partners can build custom processes and products on top of the Box Platform.
Box Workflow can automate critical workflows across all facets of your business, so sales, finance, marketing and operations teams across industries can make better information-driven decisions and get more done. Customers will be able to leverage Box Workflow to enhance things like:
- Contract Management Approval Processes: Customize workflows for legal, sales, and vendor contracts. Route documents for signature through a specific approval process based on the contract value.
- Invoice Processing: Automatically route new invoices through a series of pre-defined steps and reviewers. Then, automatically move it to the correct destination folder for records management.
- Standard Operating Procedures: Power your SOP management process with Box comments, tasks and @mentions, collaborate on drafts, and route the SOP through a series of reviews. Once approved, use automated processes to publish the SOP to workers in the fields - and track that everyone has read them.
- Digital Asset Management: Manage the entire digital asset lifecycle on Box by leveraging our metadata search capabilities, collaboration tools, and automated workflows to review and approve new assets.
Because it’s built on Box, Workflow will seamlessly integrate your business process with core Box capabilities like advanced security, content governance and mobile collaboration.
Box Workflow will be rolling out over the next year. Interested in learning more? Please contact us at email@example.com or through your Box account team.