Our Warsaw office is an incredibly exciting addition to our EMEA expansion. We're already in London, France, and Germany, and the new Poland location will act as a global engineering and product development hub alongside our headquarters in Redwood City, California. We plan to grow our Warsaw office significantly by 2022 — and we're looking for amazing software engineers, product managers, and site reliability engineers (among many other roles) to join us.
Take the next step in your career
We know how important our people are to our success. Given the scale of our ambitions and the massive opportunity ahead of us, we need the most talented people to join our Poland team and drive the future of how people securely collaborate from anywhere, at any time. We're looking for incredible individuals to help us deliver unparalleled innovation and push the boundaries of what's possible. Interested? Check out our open roles and find the best fit for you.
Get to know our SVP of Engineering
When asked about our favorite part of working at Box, the answer is almost always “the people.” After all, we believe that work is most rewarding (and fun) when we’re surrounded by teammates who are amazing to be around and are equally great collaborators. So we're thrilled for you to meet our SVP of Engineering, Thierry Chassaing. He joined the Box family in 2019 and continuously inspires us to do our best work. Plus, he has an exciting vision for the new office.
Blow our customers' minds
Customers are at the center of everything we do. We're here to know our customers inside and out and to deliver an experience they could never have imagined.
Take risks. Fail fast. GSD.
The world is moving incredibly fast, and we can't let anything slow us down. That's why we take big bets, iterate constantly, and learn from our mistakes.
At Box, the bigger the better — especially when it comes to ideas. So go ahead, dream up something big. Then 10x it.
Be an owner. It's your company.
Improving the business starts with you. We give you the resources you need to be wildly successful and make your epic ideas a reality.
Bring your (____) self to work every day
We get our best work done when we act as our authentic selves. So come as you are — and bring your diverse perspectives, cultures, and backgrounds to the table.
Be candid and assume good intent
The only way to perform at the highest level is by listening to each other. When we share candid feedback and make a conscious effort to get better, we grow as a business.
Make mom proud
Winning in the market only happens if we work in an environment of safety and trust. It's on us to create a place where our voices are heard and we do right by one another.
Operating a highly-available and scalable service with a great user experience requires the best tools for the job. Take a look at our FAQ below to learn about our tech stack.
From vacation time to parental leave to travel insurance, we've got you covered. Check out all the details about our benefits and other perks in the FAQ section below.
Know someone who'd be a good fit for our Poland team? We're always looking for referrals. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the candidate's first and last name, job title, and CV.
We use many different technologies to solve the challenges of supporting enterprise customers across the globe at massive scale. Our customers work using many different modalities (web, mobile, and desktop), and we need to provide an excellent user experience while operating a highly available, high-scale, and top-performing service.
Technologies we use to achieve this include:
- Desktop apps (Mac and Windows): Python (Intellij), C# and C++ (Visual Studio), Swift/Obj-C (Xcode)
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android): Swift (Xcode), Kotlin (Android Studio)
- Web apps: React, NodeJS
- Backend services: Java for Microservices using Spring Boot
- Infrastructure: Public Cloud (AWS, GCP) and private data centers
We additionally use PHP, Scala, and Objective-C for various parts of our development.
Box manages hundreds of petabytes of content, which means tens of billions of files are accessed by millions of users daily — and growing at an exponential rate. To ensure the right availability and scalability of our platform, we leverage multiple cloud platforms globally to meet this growth. Customers can choose exactly where they want their files stored geographically to help meet data privacy requirements, and we provide the right level of compliance for their storage needs.
Our engineers enable our customers to achieve the most advanced compliance requirements — like PCI, FINRA, HIPAA, and GxP — and can also enable new third-party security technologies that are critical for many customers. Additionally, we plan to extend our use of more advanced encryption techniques, such as key management services, to more aspects of our databases, search, and metadata to extend customer control and security.
Our engineers solve world-class problems for world-class companies of all sizes. Even though system failures and unexpected events are part of the reality, our engineers architect Box to anticipate and mitigate these types of challenges. When customers upload content to Box, we ensure files are redundantly stored in multiple data centers in the region(s) of the customer's choice. Our storage durability helps customers stay ahead of concerns like data backups, data loss from a regional disaster, or fault tolerance.
- Annual leave (vacation): 26 days for all levels
- Public holidays (14): New Year’s Day, Epiphany, Easter, Easter Monday, Labour Day, 3 May Constitution Day, Pentecost, Feast of Corpus Christi, Armed Forces Day, Feast of Assumption, All Saints’ Day, Poland Independence Day, Christmas Day, and 2nd Day of Christmas
- Sick time off: Box pays 100% of salary sick pay for up to 7 consecutive days of sick leave
- Other statutory time off: Box complies with all Poland requirements for time off, including (but not limited to) marriage, childcare, exam, maternity, paternity, and parental leaves
Box provides 'top-up' pay that supplements statutory maternity and paternity benefits as follows:
- 20 weeks paid maternity leave for birth mothers
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all new parents welcoming a child into their family
- Take parental leave at once or intermittently in 1 week increments
- Must use parental leave within the first year of your child’s birth
Box offers AIG Travel Guard, which provides 24/7 coverage for issues and emergencies while traveling on Box business, including:
- Out-of-country emergency medical coverage (up to $300,000 or local equivalent)
- Emergency evacuation (up to $500,000 or local equivalent)
- Counselors to help with:
- Health care provider search and referrals
- Travel problems like lost luggage, passports, flight delays, etc.
- Local resources, including restaurant reservations, event tickets, driving directions, etc.
All Poland Boxers are eligible for benefits on their date of hire.
We offer a gym reimbursement: a taxable monthly stipend towards a portion of an individual's gym fees. We also offer phone reimbursement: a taxable monthly stipend for an individual's telecom expenses, including phone, internet, and mobile hotspot.