Extend Security Policies to the Cloud
Manage the upload, download and sharing of files with Box security policies.
- Keep Content Confidential Choose from built-in rules to flag confidential data. Or, create custom keyword-based filters to identify, quarantine and review sensitive content.
- Stop Content and Data Loss Create policies to track abnormal downloads of content, so you're alerted to the risk of data loss.
- Flag Risky Sharing Worried about protecting trade secrets? Set a security policy to alert you if someone from an unwanted domain is added as a collaborator.
Create simple rules for automating common tasks like reviews and approvals and improve how information moves through your business.
- Simple, Repeatable Processes From the admin console, automatically move files to specific folders or assign tasks to approvers for automatic notification and reminders.
- Shorten Review Cycles Automatically assign review tasks to teammates when new documents are uploaded.
- Automatically Publish Approved Information When a task is completed, move the final docs to an 'Approved' folder in Box. All appropriate parties will be notified.
Real-Time Monitoring and Alerts
In addition to protecting uploads to Box, security policies can be created to send notifications when users download unexpected amounts of content.
- Custom Thresholds Whether you're sharing simple office documents or rich media and videos, you can set download alerts at a volume that makes sense for your organization.
- Instant Notification Have notifications sent directly to you when something seems awry. Take action immediately through the content manager features in the Admin Console.
- Integrated to BI and Security Management Systems Integrate directly into your BI or SIEM solution like Splunk and GoodData. Get rich analytics about content in your company.