How Box takes the pain out of business processes
1. Capture evidence of property damage
- Alex, a facilities’ employee, noticed significant building damage. Using the Box Capture application, he snaps photos and videos
- He also adds a note to the photos: “Roof Damage”.
2. OCR the report to kick off the predefined maintenance process
- He also snaps a photo of his incident report. Key details such as date, requester information, and part information are automatically added as metadata. These files are now automatically indexed for easier search and categorization
- Once uploaded, these files are immediately placed into the “Safety incident triage” folder in Box.
3. Assess damage and assign status
- Back at HQ, Alex’s supervisor gets a Box notification that a new file has been uploaded to the “Safety incident triage” folder.
- She’s automatically assigned a task to assess the severity before repairs are initiated.
- She tags it as “Urgent” so that she can easily search later to ensure it’s been completed.
4. Approve the request
- The files are sent instantly to the COO to approve the release of funds for immediate repair. She goes into the Pending folder and approves the request.
- Once approved, the files are then moved to the ‘Approved’ folder, providing a transparent and traceable history of all approved field maintenance requests.
5. Retain critical information
- The company’s policy stipulates that incident reports be retained for 3 years
- Without any manual intervention, all files in the ‘Approved’ folder have now inherited the 3 years retention policy
- Alex and his team can focus on the repair and resolution - Box takes care of the rest.
With Box, teams can capture, process and retain critical information. Intelligent business processes workflows have never been easier from beginning to end.